Life notes: Mary Magdalene’s story
Icebreaker: What’s you favorite fictional reversal?
Read John 20:1-18
1. Why did Mary stay with Jesus body after his death?
2. How did they plan to roll the stone away?
3. When they saw the stone rolled away what did they suspect? What did they feel?
4. How did Mary know who was saying her name?
5. Was Mary certain that things were gonna work out well? What can we rely on if we aren’t certain about things?
6. Mary stayed with Jesus even when there was nothing he could do for her…why?
7. Did Mary hold back from the situation or did she stay vulnerable and active? What was her reward?