John 5: 1-9
Minister Joseph Wanene
Ice Breaker: How are church people alike the people at Bethesda waiting for angels to stir things up?
Read John 5:4
Some manuscripts insert, wholly or in part… waiting for the moving of the water; 4 for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool, and stirred the water: whoever stepped in first after the stirring of the water was healed of whatever disease he had (KJV)
1.What area of your life is Jesus challenging you to rise up to a new level
2. Discuss the sentence. “While faith sometimes includes waiting it always requires action?”
3. Discuss the sentence, “We somethings hide behind the idea that we are waiting for God when in actually He is waiting for us to be willing to change.”
Read James 2:26
4. What new understanding about the importance of acting to receive your miracle did you gain from Minister Joseph’s sermon?
5. Clearly Jesus is willing to bring change over the things we have grown accustomed to. What do you really want Jesus to do for you?
6. What excuses or blame did the Lord talk with you about letting go of in order for you to rise up and walk toward your destiny.
7. Share a testimony about a circumstance that the Lord gave you strength to rise up over.
8. What did you leave behind at altar at Ingleside on Sunday?